North Sanpete School District Policy Number IV- 40
Statement of ............. Effective Date 12/16/1982
Board Policy with Guidelines Revised Date
Subject: Professional Growth Leave
I. BOARD POLICY
Each full-time regular employee shall be provided one (1) day leave each year for the purpose of professional growth.
1. It is expected that the employee will visit another school that has been identified as a successful program or classroom in the respective discipline or
grade level of the teacher.
2. The teacher shall submit a one page summary of his/her findings and analysis of his/her visit to the Principal of his/her school, with a copy being placed in the permanent file of the teacher.
3. The time of the leave shall be a joint agreement between the employee and his/her immediate administrator.
4. This leave is not to be used for personal services.
5. This leave is not accumulative.