To view the complete policy
Students are expected to be well groomed and neatly dressed at school and are epected to follow the dress code as outlined in the District Policy manual.
The following are not permissible:
- Any form of dress or hairstyle, which is considered immodest or distractive to the school environment.
- Pants, skirts, or dresses that do not come to within 4 inches of the floor when kneeling.
- Tops and low cut pants or skirts that when worn expose abdomen skin.
- Sleeveless shirts or tank tops are not permissible
- Hair color different from natural hair colors (blue, green, bright red, etc.)
- Facial piercing can be no more than a single stud with no more than 1/8th inch in diameter on the ends.
- Caps, hats, or bandanas worn in the building.
- Any clothing with pictures or words for alcohol, tobacco products, or inappropriate innuendos.
- Pants sagging below waistline showing underwear.
- Excessively worn or intentionally cut clothing.
Consequences for Violations:
1st Offense: Student will be asked to change into something appropriate or call to have a parent or guardian bring something appropriate for the student to wear. A letter and a copy of the school dress policy will be given to the student to review with his or her parent or guardian. The student will be asked to sign the letter, have a parent or guardian sign it and return it to the office where it will be placed in the student's discipline file.
2nd Offense: A letter of discipline will be given to the student indicating that the student will be suspended from school if there is another violation of the school dress code. The student will be asked to have a parent or guardian sign the letter and then return it to the office and a copy of it will be placed in the student's file.
3rd Offense: The student will be suspended from school for two days for insubordination. A parent conference will be requested in order for the student to return to school.
4th Offense: Suspension from school until a meeting is held with the student, parent or guardian, and District superintendant.