FAIRVIEW ELEMENTARY SCHOOL – PARENT COMPACT
The Fairview Elementary School believes that ALL children can learn and that we can help them – no exceptions and no excuses. In order for all students to learn, we must have all teachers, parents, and students on the same Fairview Elementary School team.
This compact outlines the responsibilities of each of these parties so that a true academic partnership will be formed and all students will achieve the high standards outlined in the Utah State Core Curriculum. This school-parent compact is in effect during school year 2010-2011.
The Fairview Elementary School will:
l Do whatever it takes to ensure high levels of learning for every child in a positive environment where children are cared for and celebrated.
l Provide high-quality curriculum and instruction in a supportive and effective learning environment that enables our students to meet and exceed the state’s academic achievement standards.
l Hold parent-teacher conferences during which this compact will be discussed as it relates to the individual child’s achievement.
l Provide parents with frequent reports on their children’s progress.
l Provide parents access to staff so that there is regular positive communication that supports student learning.
l Provide parents opportunities to volunteer and participate in their child’s class or school.
We, as parents, will support our child’s learning in the following ways:
- Have high expectations of our child and help him/her to know that education is key to success in any field.
- Make attendance at school a priority and make every effort to have him/her in school and on time every day.
- Make sure that s/he completes all homework assignments and prepares for the next day's learning.
- Read with or to our child for at least 20 minutes every day.
- Set limits on television viewing and video game playing.
- Volunteer in our child’s classroom or school.
- Participate, as appropriate, in decisions relating to our child’s education.
- Promote positive use of our child’s extracurricular time.
- Stay informed about our child’s education via newsletters and email and responding when needed.
- Support the PTA, School Community Council, and other school advisory or policy groups, whenever possible.
As a student at Fairview Elementary School, I will share the responsibility to improve my academic achievement and achieve the State’s high standards. Specifically, I will:
- Believe in myself and the power within to achieve my dreams.
- Make every effort to achieve my dreams by striving always to do my best.
- Commit myself to excellence in all school work.
- Make school and learning a priority.
- Read at least 20 minutes every day outside of school time.
- Do my homework every day, ask for help when needed, and turn in the homework.
- Be respectful and kind and support others in their learning.
- Know and follow all school rules.